This category is open to any organisation, irrespective of size, involved in the delivery of
tourism, visitor attractions or hospitality in North Devon. This includes, but is not limited to,
hotels, restaurants, bars, visitor attractions, experiences and events. The business must
demonstrate outstanding performance in a number of aspects including:
- Commercial success and evidence of growth.
- Evidence of improved numbers of customers and customer satisfaction.
- Investment into and delivery of innovations and improvements in services/facilities.
- Adding value to the region.
- Creating employment opportunities and staff development.
The judging panel will consider the criteria below in assessing your application. It does not
need to demonstrate all these elements, but it will allow you to develop the story behind
- Trends in your business turnover and profit levels.
- Key objectives for your business and how they will be achieved.
- Innovation that has contributed to performance.
- Commitment and investment in staff.
- Corporate Social Responsibility strategies.
- Environmental credentials.
- Ways in which you have delivered back to the North Devon region.
- Provide evidence of your marketing activity
In no more than 500 words, please provide a brief description of your business, and
evidence as much as possible to the key points looked for by the judging panel.
Please tell us about the ways in which your business has stood out from other similar
businesses in your sector? What were your objectives? What were the results (please give
specific, data based evidence)?