This accolade will be awarded to a business that has been set up between 2016 and 2017.
Judges will be interested in the ethos and background to the business, its profitability as
well as what difference it has made in its sector since it started trading and how it has
overcome challenges it’s encountered. They will also be looking at future projections and
plans for the company.
The judging panel will consider the criteria below in assessing your application. It does not
need to demonstrate all these elements, but it will allow you to develop the story behind
- Why should your be the winner of Best New Start Up Business?
- Briefly outline how the development and growth of your business from the start and
any factors that prompted this launch.
- Please provide the date that the business was established, or that control changed.
- Please provide an outline of each of the following aspects of your business
- Its products/services
- Your markets/Customers
- The competition
- The organisation/personnel
- Please provide evidence of your marketing activity
- Outline any systems that are in place to monitor financial performance, how does
this compare to your business plan? Provide as much information regarding
estimates growth, turnover and profit.
- Please provide details regarding your current share in the market and your
performance compared to your competitors in this market. How do your do your
products/services compare to your competitors and how do you differentiate your
company from those competitors
- What plans do you have for the business in both the long and short term and how do
you see the business developing?
In no more than 500 words, please provide a brief description of your business, and
evidence as much as possible to the key points looked for by the judging panel.